1150-CLEAR water-based concrete curing compound is formulated from hydrocarbon resins and may be used on interior, exterior, vertical and horizontal concrete surfaces. Once applied, it forms a liquid membrane that retains an optimum amount of water present in freshly placed concrete to allow complete hydration of the cement.
After approximately four weeks, the membrane begins to chemically break down. When the curing cycle is complete, the membrane will eventually wear off the surface. This process usually takes another three to five weeks under normal traffic and weathering conditions.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound
- Produces hard, dense concrete
- Minimizes hair-checking, thermal cracking, dusting and other defects
- Enhances the functional capabilities of concrete by “sealing in” the performance assets of strength and long life
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing
- Improves resistance to the abrasive and corrosive actions of salts and chemicals; minimizes excessive shrinkage
- Can be applied quickly and easily with conventional, commercial spray equipment